News:

NOTICE: Posting schedule is irregular. I hope to get back to a regular schedule as the day-job allows.


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Missing a couple of days...

http://teddysratlab.blogspot.com [Full link to blog for email clients.]

...yes, I know.  I had business travel and burned through my buffer.  I still have Friday's NEWS and COMMENT feature scheduled, but I was out of luck finding Monday FUNNY in time, and I still don't have the next installment on writing research grants written.

A friend of mine claims that she posts "brain-sweepings" when that happens.  I don't know about that, but I will make it up to y'all with the following link:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130422154756.htm

Antibody Transforms Stem Cells Directly Into Brain Cells

Apr. 22, 2013 — In a serendipitous discovery, scientists at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have found a way to turn bone marrow stem cells directly into brain cells.

Oh yes, neat stuff indeed.  I'll cover this in more depth next Friday.

Also, MIT Technology Review has posted their "10 Breakthrough Technologies of 2013"...


A colleague of mine is mentioned, along with the project we are working on.

I'll see you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comment - no links, spammers will be banned.