News:

NOTICE: Posting schedule is irregular. I hope to get back to a regular schedule as the day-job allows.


Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new direction

http://teddysratlab.blogspot.com [Full link to blog for email clients.]

I return from California all refreshed and full of new ideas.  With continued difficulties including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, asthma, obesity, aging and bad joints, I have decided to steal a cue from my own research and that of SF writer Anne McCaffrey and have my brain directly interfaced with my computer.  I will go Steven Hawking one step better and simply discard this body in favor of a titanium and teflon shell. 

For my purposes, I have selected a suite of sensors manufactured by my own colleagues, and plan to interface my intellect with customized supercomputing processing chips rather than anything commercially available.  I have rejected both the Windows and MacOS operating systems (for obvious reasons) and have written my own OS entitled: MinDGameS. The advantage of this novel OS is not just in the facility of brain-machine interfacing, but also in the ability to support computer games from Atari to XBox.  The 100 fold-speed in processing throughout for writing grants and manuscripts will finally allow me enough spare time to play Halo and Call of Duty.

I regret that this procedure should keep me out of the loop for about 12 months, subjective time.  However, considering the objective acceleration of time sense inherent in the new processing support, I should be back online by next April 1st - or Tuesday, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comment - no links, spammers will be banned.