News:

NOTICE: Posting schedule is irregular. I hope to get back to a regular schedule as the day-job allows.


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

NEWS: We interrupt this blog to bring you...

http://teddysratlab.blogspot.com [Full link to blog for email clients.][FT:C44]

Happy Belated Valentine's Day.   I missed yesterday's blog because of planning to take my wife out for a nice Valentine's Day meal - until we encountered the crowds which accompany the date.  So, I quickly dashed to the store, picked up some goodies, and went home to try to recreate the meal I had intended - with pretty reasonable success.  I do a decent job of cooking and am not above experimenting without a cookbook.  I suppose that's not the right thing to say as an experimental scientists, but it's fun and an interesting exercise of memory.

Anyway, for today, in lieu of the regularly scheduled blog I am going to direct you to my rather lengthy essay over at Baen Books' website.  Each month starting on the 15th, they publish a free short story and a free non-fiction essay on the Baen site at www.baen.com.  This month the essay is by yours truly, and is called "Putting the Science in Science Fiction" (http://www.baen.com/ScienceInSF.asp).  It is rather lengthy, so bookmark it and read at your leisure. 

This will serve as the main post for yesterday/tomorrow, and I'll be back on Friday with some commentary and news on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury.  I'll resume the Guide blogs next week with the "M-is-for-Muscle" trio of Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis and Muscular Dystrophy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comment - no links, spammers will be banned.