News:

NOTICE: Posting schedule is irregular. I hope to get back to a regular schedule as the day-job allows.


Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Funnies

http://teddysratlab.blogspot.com [Full link to blog for email clients.][FT:C44]

I'm back!

Sorry, but *someone* seems to have broken the blog.  I can only log in from home, and not from any of my computers that also do work-related material.  I have narrowed the problem down to virus/malware filtering which seems to think the site may have content problems.  In the next few days I will be trimming content and comments to see if I can find the problems and get back to regular posting.

Enough of that!  This is Monday!  It's supposed to be Funny!

Today's lab-related humor comes from Brant Parker Johnny Hart's The Wizard of Id.


I frankly had forgotten the lab-type humor that Parker and Hart (and later Brant Parker's son Jeff) often injected into the strip.  The Wizard is cast in the role of scientist, with often bizarre lab subjects, such as Ratso, above.

The Wizard of Id is also the source of one of my favorite explanations of the discrepancy between athlete and academic salaries: "No one ever bought a ticket to see a scientist!"

Go search the comic out, find the books, search through old newspapers and archives.  It is worth the effort.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comment - no links, spammers will be banned.